Terms and Conditions
- Early stage ventures with an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) or teams of upto 10 with an idea with a proof of concept (Proof of Concept).
- The MVP or PoC must show clear impact aligned with one or both of the problem statements supported by clear data and documentation.
- The MVP or PoC must have the potential to directly impact at least 1000 livelihoods.
- The venture can be ‘for profit’, ‘not for profit’, or a hybrid. There is no restriction in this regard.
- The MVP or PoC may or may not be a technology solution. There is no restriction in this regard.
- Participating or proposed ventures should be independent entities, meaning that they should not be a subsidiary of an existing corporation or have legal ties to a government body
SUBMISSIONS AND PARTICIPATION
- Submissions which are incomplete will be deemed void and disqualified from the competition.
- Submissions should be the original work of the participant, and should demonstrate positive, sustainable and scalable social impact in India (though not exclusively in the region). Participants agree to the use of their names, photographs, disclosure of their country of residence, and are required to cooperate with any other reasonable requests by the organiser relating to any publicity-related activities.
- Participants are required to submit a declaration of good standing and solvency at the final stage of evaluation. If there is any change in circumstance that invalidates their good standing and solvency, the team is to immediately inform the organisers. All participants own the rights to their ideas.
- Participants must properly acknowledge any trademarks, patented or copyrighted materials of others that are incorporated into the submission materials.
- Participants are responsible for obtaining any necessary permission before incorporating such materials into their submissions.
- Submitted ideas are protected in the spirit of non-disclosure, and all submitted materials will be treated as company confidential. The only people with access to the entry materials will be judges and select members of the organising committee. Materials will not be distributed to any other party unless requested by a participant. No other provisions are made to protect intellectual property.
- As an effort to support the innovation ecosystem, for research purposes, non-sensitive data may be shared with government agencies or partner organizations. The participant’s personal identity, name, family name, phone number, address, or email address will not be used in any public collateral.
- Participants are advised not to disclose critical information which would affect a successful filing of patent(s). All presentations are open to the general public, and some presentations may be videotaped. Attendance by media personnel is expected in the final round(s). Any data or information discussed or divulged in public sessions by participants should be considered information that will likely enter the public realm, and entrants should not assume any right of confidentiality in any data or information discussed, divulged or presented in these sessions.
DECISIONS REGARDING THE FINALISTS AND WINNERS
- The selection of the ‘Finalists’ and ‘Winners’ is at the sole discretion of the judges and the organisers from Upjeevika and partnering organizations. Best efforts will be made to make decisions in accordance with this document.
- Throughout any and all phases of the challenge, all decisions of the judges are final.
DISQUALIFICATION AND ORGANISERS’ RIGHT TO AMEND COMPETITION RULES
- The organisers of Upjeevika’s challenge reserve the right to disqualify any Participant who is found to have violated the spirit of the program guidelines and terms and conditions stated herein. Disqualified participants shall forfeit any and all prizes awarded to them.
- The organisers reserve the right to amend these rules at any point before the Closing Date of Upjeevika’s challenge in line with the overall goal of the program.
- The indicated dates for Upjeevika’s challenge may be revised at any point of time by the Organisers. Any change in schedule will be suitably intimated on the challenge webpage and on other relevant platforms.
WEB SERVER LOGS
When you visit the Site, our web server may record the following information in its server log your IP Address, your username (if you have logged in as a registered user), the URLs you have requested to access, the dates and methods of requests, the status code of your requests, URLs of pages that referred you to the Site, number of bytes transferred, and your web browser and operating system platform.
Web server logs are retained on a temporary basis, during which time their contents are accessible to Site administrators, and then deleted completely from our systems. Unless required by legal process, we do not link IP addresses to any personally identifiable information. This means that user sessions will be tracked by IP address, but a user’s identity will remain anonymous.
In addition, we ordinarily do not disclose to third parties Site usage by individual IP addresses, but we may do so in very limited circumstances when complying with law or legal process, working with consultants assisting us with fixing or improving the Site, or monitoring and improving the security of our network.
Upjeevika has adopted a user registration option for visitors who want to take part in our challenge. To obtain a user registration, you must submit your first name, last name, email address and phone number to Upjeevika, along with a username and password that you create for user authentication purposes. The Site will publish your first and last name alongside any content that you post. The personal information and other information that you submit to us will be used for evaluating your application for the challenge.
www.upjeevika.com uses Google Analytics software to perform Site usage analytics. Google Analytics collects anonymous information from users to help Upjeevika track Site usage and referrals from other websites. These data are used primarily to optimize the website experience for our visitors, but we may use the data as well to assist us in developing marketing plans for the Site.
Information collected and processed by Google Analytics includes the user’s IP address, network location, and geographic location. Google Analytics acquires all its information directly from the user, by installing a cookie (see below) on the user’s computer. The Site does not share any information it collects with Google, and Google Analytics does not collect any personally identifying information such as names, contact information, social security numbers or financial information. Accordingly, we cannot use any information acquired by Google Analytics to contact you directly.
Cookies are unique bits of computer data that many major websites will transfer to your computer the first time that you visit. Cookies are stored on your hard drive and may be later accessed by the website to track prior usage. As noted above, Google Analytics will install a cookie on the hard drives of Site visitors
We will only record your email address if you submit it to us as part of the user registration process or signed up for our newsletter or blog updates. We will only use your email address for the purpose for which you have provided it.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
This Site may contain links to other web resources, including websites of organizations other than Upjeevika and other concerns that may transact on behalf of Upjeevika. The websites of our related concerns, and other websites to which the Site links may also collect user-identifying information directly from you once you proceed to browse those sites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies of our advertisers, sponsors, vendors or other sites or businesses to which we provide hyperlinks or access. Please visit the relevant sites to review their privacy policies.
We have in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect the information we collect online. However, as effective as these measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our database, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.